Mar 20, 2010

Spring has Sprung



This week the weather has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL and we've been trying to soak it in as much as possible because as you know in Oregon, the sun never lasts for too long! It's so funny, all of a sudden it's like people come out of hybernation. (or is that just me?) You see people taking walks, the parks are slam packed, people are out washing their cars, cutting their grass, and the smell of bbq is in the air! You'd think we'd all been holed up in our houses for months and months on end. Oh, wait...WE HAVE! (or again, is that just me?)

:(


So anyways, today we took a drive up to Detroit Lake. We've never been. Russel drives through on the way to Bend all the time. Another place I've never been, hehem. Russel.

Oh who am i kidding, he doesn't read this blog! Does anyone read this blog???

Anyways, it's beautiful up there, but sad to say the lake isn't much of a lake, just yet. So we'll be going back this summer to really enjoy it. Then we went back to the capitol, it's so pretty there. I just snapped some pics and we enjoyed the sunshine for a little bit before heading back home.

Here are some shots from our day!

Daddy and his girls at the Detroit Lake Dam



And mommy even made an appearance, LOOK FAST! You won't see it again for awhile :)
Ugh, there's a reason i stay behind the camera...




just some pine cones on a crimmus tree



the girlies sitting in front of the lake, or lack thereof...




The reason I love the capitol so much in the spring. I just lurve the contrast of the pale pink cherry blossoms against the blue sky!




This is the ONLY picture I got of Rebekah for the day, as you'll see



she wasn't interested and was off in a flash to find a "climbing tree" and run in circles...because that's fun apparantly...Oh to be a kid! I love her spirit!




Madelyn is far from my cooperative child, photographically speaking. But today I managed to take mostly pictures of her. I've noticed that lately, going through pictures. One day i'll take all Madelyn, the next time Rebekah, and it kind of goes back and forth that way. I swear I don't favor one child over the other! Only sometimes...when one of them is irritating me....

ok, i'm kidding. Sheesh!








and my favorite from the day!
she's a daddy's girl, that's for sure..


By the end of the day they were exhausted and tired of pictures might i add.
See?! Doesn't make the photographer in me very happy, but totally cracks me up.



Happy Spring Everyone!!!

1 comments:

Karen Kilgo & Associates said...

As always, I love your pictures. You should get in front of the camera more often, too. Spring looks great in Oregon!!