Mar 26, 2010

Personalities

Personalities are funny.
Well, not funny haha, although some definately are. I mean just funny as in different, and it's funny how everyone's are SO different.

Take me and Russel for instance. We couldn't be more different if we tried. To name a few, he's very left brained, I'm more right. He's known to be more patient, me...not so much. He's technical, I'm creative. He's very go with the flow and I like things planned and structured. He likes to have the toilet paper ON the holder, I like to sit it on top of it, and one of the most important differences is that I'm ALWAYS right and he's always WRONG! :) haha jj

And I'm starting to notice my daughters personality traits come out more and more as they get older. It's neat to see what they get from each parent. I see a LOT of me in them sometimes (which is very, very scary) and many little pieces of Russel as well. I would prefer they take after him.

Rebekah is and has always been so much more like her Daddy in most ways. She's very happy go lucky. Always smiling, always laughing. Very photogenic. She has the BEST easy going personality. She's playful and she's a free spirit. She has to be going, going, going. Doing, doing, doing. She doesn't focus on one task for a very long period of time before she's reading to move onto the next. CLASSIC RUSSEL BEHAVIOR! But she's very smart. She's also very loving and kind. Of course a couple exceptions can be made in that area as of late regarding her and Madelyn. They butt heads more often than not lately, so it seems. What she gets from me is her attitude. She's extremely opinionated and isn't afraid to tell you what she thinks. She has a very expressive face. She can kill you with a look! LOL She tends to be emotional. She's timid and shy until she gets comfortable with people or a situation. And where she's extremely loving, it's more so with her words than with her actions. She isn't very physically affectionate most the time.

Madelyn on the other hand, up to this point has been hard to read. She just turned 2 in November so her personality is still newly forming and revealing itself. Madelyn is a very quiet very serious child. Polar opposite from Rebekah. She is a couch potato, she LOVES the tv and she rarely plays with her toys unless prompted. She HATES having her picture taken and will avoid looking at the camera 98% of the time. Grrr. She is very sweet and loving as well though, and she's just like her daddy in that she is very physically affectionate. She will hug and kiss and cuddle you to death. She takes after me in that she has a stubborn streak. She is whiny and opinionated as well and she very much likes things HER way. But up to this point she has been a very well behaved and mostly easy going child. She usually does what she's told without much argument, so I'm curious to know when that's going to change. lol Something else about her personality i've noticed over the past few days is she's very particular and precise. She was playing with dominoes and lining them up in a straight line and when she colors she's very careful and stays in the lines, using one crayon at a time and then lining them up in a almost perfect line afterwards. That reminds me a lot of myself. I'm very much a perfectionist and like things a certain way. Neat and orderly. Anal retentive might be more the word. Rebekah scribbles and just does everything very nilly willy.

So I'm very curious what this all says about them. If they'll be more left brained, like their daddy, or more right brained like me? Or maybe a combination of both. Only time will tell I guess!

0 comments: