Dec 10, 2009

Potty training is the pits!

Did i ever tell you how much I hate potty training? No? Well, let me tell you. I hate it! How much, you ask? To which I reply, with the heat from 1,000 burning hells, that's how much i hate it! I exaggerate not.

I have started potty training Madelyn. I introduced her to the potty at about 18 months. She showed no interest in going, but she would always willingly go to the potty and sit there and "try". I just went with it. That's kind of where we've stayed this whole time, until now. I decided since she's 2 we should get the "potty" (har har) started and we have. I currently have a naked 2 year old running around my house all day, but I learned the first time around that pull ups are just expensive diapers so I will only put her in one for nap and bedtime for the time being. So far it's working! She FINALLY went on the potty the other day, which was huuuge, so I could actually start officially training her. She got an M&M for her success and boy was she excited about that. So excited in fact that she sat down and went 2 more times back to back just so she could get two more. :D We are now on day 3 of potty training and it's going, slowly but surely. So far today she has went twice and had ZERO accidents. I'm hoping that this phase in our life will be over quickly so I can end my 4 1/2 year streak of diaper changing. I'm so over it!

Here are a couple cute pics of Maddie from yesterday. She set up camp, totally by herself. She got her little Ikea potty and step stool and set up sippy, toys and books. It was so funny!


0 comments: