Nov 6, 2008

In the blink of an eye...

My sweet Madelyn,

Today is your first birthday, and it's so bittersweet. You're my baby, it seems so surreal, so UNREAL, that we are already here...it went so fast! But it always does. I swear it feels like just yesterday they laid you in my arms. This soft little angel, so tiny and pink and perfect...and now you're one! I close my eyes and I'm there again, in that hospital room, looking down at the miracle I just brought into the world and I'm praying that I can hold you tightly enough that you will stay this close , in my arms, forever, even when I know that it's not going to come true. I know it's generic and cheesy, but it's true. You have brought SO MUCH joy to our lives and you fill my heart with such happiness. Not a day goes by that I do not thank God for giving us you. You're such a sweet girl, always giggling, smiling and showering us with your kisses and love. This world, my world, is truly a happier place because you're in it. And even though it's sad for me to watch you grow just know that I am so proud of you, always your number one fan. And I can't wait to see the little person you will soon become.







HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!! We love you so much...
xoxoxo