Nov 12, 2010

Funny things kids say

Me (to Rebekah): Do you want mommy to have another baby?!?
Rebekah: (shakes head no)
Me: No? Why not!?
Rebekah: (looks at Daddy) Because Daddy already has a baby in his belly!
Russel: (blank stare at me--crickets in background)

oh-my-gosh!
I would be lying if I told you I didn't almost pee my pants. I laughed so hard I cried. Russel didn't find as much amusement in her statement.

And needless to say Daddy is even more so invested in his weight loss efforts at this current time. And I had to explain to Rebekah that boys don't have babies. She wanted to know why. I told her that only girls can have babies, that God made it that way. Seemed to be a good enough answer for her. But then she told me "well then i'm not marrying a boy, i'm marrying a GIRL!"

........

Someone please pray for me.
I informed her she cannot marry a girl. She wanted to know why not to that as well. I told her God said we can only marry boys. So she said she's NOT getting married.
(fingers crossed)

0 comments: