I have really great kids. And by really great I mean pretty darn amazing. They are exceptionally well behaved children, so I'm told. No, I'm kidding, they are really good, 95% of the time. But that remaining 5%, hahahahahahaha. How about I just leave it at that. My mom taught me a long time ago "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". And I don't want to get in trouble. It's just lately, Rebekah...she's testing me BIG time and it's a never. ending. battle with her. Everything is a debate. Everything I say or do or tell her to do is met with a "NO!" or "I DON'T WANT TO!" or "But (insert argument here)" or she runs and tattles to daddy, pitches a fit, stomps her feet, crosses her hands over her chests, slams her door, I could go on and on and on. It's really, REALLY irritating. And that's putting it mildly. And right about now my mom is probably smiling with glee. They say pay back is a bitch and they aint lying. It's a bitch mom, it really is!!! Are you happy now? = )
Is it too late to admit that I'm in over my head? I don't know what to do anymore. This is where anyone else would throw their hands up and say "I QUIT!" Butttt...I'm a mom and I don't have that luxury. And honestly, even if i did have that luxury, I still wouldn't do it. Ok, never mind, i'll be honest. Maybe if it were just for a day or something I might be tempted. They are driving me that kind of crazy lately. It's only 9 am and Rebekah has already had 3 bags of toys removed from her bedroom and they are currently taking up residence in the garage, where they will stay, until I decide whether she will keep them or they will be donated. Toys are the bain of my existance! I kid you not. On top of that she has already been "spanked" once, and it will happen again, I can feel it in my bones. Oh who am I kidding. I've never been a spanker. My children have never witnessed a real "spanking". I don't know if I'd be capable of it honestly. I think I might have only been spanked once or twice in my lifetime! But I might need to learn. Up to date time out or a pop on the leg or sending her to her room has worked, but I think those are punishments better left in the past. They don't work on her anymore! It's like they are a joke. And Madelyn, well, let's just say she's pitching a fit in her bed as we speak. She is NOT a happy camper! My normally oh so sweet baby girl has learned a thing or two from big sister and she's been pushing my buttons these days too. WHY SO EARLY! It's just not fair! I didn't think I'd see this kind of attitude and aggression in her for another year at least. ((cries)) Oh the joys of siblings.
I know what you're gonna say, the worst is yet to come and I aint seen nothin yet, blah blah blah. I see your mouth moving but I don't hear the words coming out of your mouth. = ) Just joking. I know all that. But this parenting thing, it's just getting harder and harder. I guess I can honestly say it's been fairly easy up to this point. And this is where it starts getting hard. Uggh. I just needed to vent to someone or someTHING. Gotta love blogs. Now I must go and get Madelyn from her crib because she's done w/ her spaz fest. ((sighs)) Don't worry, you don't have to call DFACS, I'll let you know if it gets to that point! haha
May 4, 2009
Posted by My name is Kristen! at 8:56 AM